Do you want to make six figures? Ofcourse you do! There’s a list of 10 actually on Forbes.com but I figured since we’re dealing with six figure jobs that I pick six out of the ten. While a nice degree in business would help, I found some pretty neat jobs here that doesn’t even require one. Check em out.
- Court Reporter. If you’re able to type 200+ words a minute, then this may be your job.
- Mine manager. This profession has a median salary of 106,000 bucks a year and is said that a college degree is not always required. Okay, Claustrophobia aside, if you got the project management skills you could be making six figures!
- Sales person. This job is actually considered as one of the easiest high paying jobs out there, and I don’t know why. But if you got the communcation skills and can handle rejections, you’ll make big bucks.
Truck drivers. This is definitely my favorite one. I never knew that they made so much. Looks like this profession requires you to be out on the road for weeks at a time, but hey this job can pull in 100,000+ and that’s not including benefits.
- Tech writers. For those of you that are able to write about tech relating issues with the ability to write them in a way to make the majority understand, then you could be making big bucks. Just like john chows techcrunch eh?
- Elementary principles. The national median salary for this job is actually 76,000 a year but if you live in those higher income areas, then you’re good to go.
Now here I am in school, studying computer science to become a software engineer. What was I thinking, I should just drop out of school right now so that I could become a truck driver and be making 100k, right? WRONG! Well, salaries aside, I think that people take the income part too seriously. You have to keep in mind that money can’t buy everything and that it’s really over rated. If I could chose between a high paying job that’s gonna make me miserable or a job that I enjoy that’s gonna hit me for about 50-55k a year, I’ll take my comp sci degree anyday. I’m gonna be working for at least the next 20 years of my life so I expect to enjoy it. Now don’t get me wrong, I would love to make 6 figures. And eventually I expect to, all I’m saying is I wouldn’t trade it for something that I woultn’t enjoy doing.