So whats the big deal with budgeting and why is it so important? Let me tell you why I love to budget, I have ten reasons and maybe you might see for your self the reason for its importance. Here they are:
- Big Awareness. Through budgeting, it keeps me aware of how much I spend on the daily basis.
- Saves me money. By knowing whats coming ahead and being able to plan, it helps me to spend less and less every month.
- Smart planning. Knowing how much money I have allocated, daily budgeting keeps me financially aware of my situation.
- Puts me in the right direction. Helps me to reach my financial goals.
- Helps me Prioritize. By keeping a nice balanced budget, I don’t have room to always buy things that I want. Instead, I need to make sure that I am able to buy the things that I need first before being able to buy anything else.
- It just feels good. The satisfaction of spending within my allocated funds is a great feeling and an accomplishment.
- Helps reduce debt. Financial planning and strict budgeting is a great way to help reduce debt.
- Keeps me in a positive financial mind set. When I’m consistently around numbers and percentages, I’m always being reminded to keep going.
- I love numbers. I love to calculate and to see how I’m improving from month to month.
- Organized. Being able to plan my budget has definitely helped me to be more of an organized person.
- (Extra)I’m ready for those emergencies. Life is unpredictable and you never know what’s heading your way. Being on a budget prepares me for those emergency times when I need those extra few bucks.
Budgeting is a very nice way to keep track of all your expenses and it also helps you stay organized. The best thing is it only takes about 20 minutes per week. I recomend using this program called pear budget. Its an excel spreadsheet that keeps track of how much you spend on the daily casis. If you want to give it a try, you can download it for free here.