Although I enjoy reading a nice long article, I know sometimes I just want to get straight to the point. So here I devised a quick “on the go” list for those who are trying to save on the daily basis about some daily stuff. Thinking to save is a good habit to get into so lets get to it.
- Avoid ATM machines that charge fees. Those $2.00 fees will hit you like a ton of bricks when you do your end of the month net worth calculations.
- Avoid eating out all the time. Learn to cook. I can cook ramen noodles and they save me tons of money.
- Go cellular. I don’t even have a house phone, I just use my cell phone for everything. It’s more simple that way and saves me money.
- Write letters or use e-mails instead of calling long distance. On second though, scratch out the letter, 37 cents can go a long way. Just write emails.
- Resist peer pressure. If you have friends who like to go out to the movies or anywhere else, learn to say NO if you can’t afford it.
- Learn to reduce your heating and cooling costs. Make your home more energy-efficient.
- Try to buy things on sale. Don’t buy until you look around other stores and you’ve compared prices.
- Use coupons, cut expenses. They’re everywhere, you just have to look.
- Keep track of your spending. The more you know where you stand with your finances, the better your off.
If you have a tip or two you want to share, don’t hesitate to leave a comment. I would love to hear from ya.